We are passionate about changing peoples lives through wellness via best-in-class content & commerce. We believe our 360 degree approach to wellness is vital to our well-being as well as our planet.
You are a talented leader who can envision business opportunities, proactively engage to resolve challenges, energize your team, & secure execution & follow-through of the strategy in the marketplace.
You come with a record of success & achievements in businesses requiring product line or business financial management & control.
What is it like to work here?
- We believe in small teams that produce high output
- We believe in profitability
- We believe in bold ideas
- We believe we can change the world
- You are analytical & very comfortable with numbers that go beyond the P&L; you can think on your feet & lead a meeting among senior managers, paying attention to details while seeing patterns & the bigger picture
- You are a data addict & an analytical thinker (you wont survive if you run away from details). Data is everywhere & transcends financials.
- You display great work ethic & a hands-on attitude; you are never afraid to roll up your sleeves, & fully embrace a culture of there is no such thing as not my job
- You are entrepreneurial, flexible & inspired by change; you are comfortable taking calculated risks & embrace new challenges & responsibilities with enthusiasm
- You are a flexible personality with a nothing-is-impossible attitude
- You are a great communicator & are comfortable having difficult conversations
- Titles dont mean much, you attain respect by producing results
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
What is the role?
- The VP of Finance will lead the finance, accounting, taxes, legal, HR, operations, & administration needs of the organization
- You will use your strong commercial mindset & excellent business acumen to help lead & set a course for the company to grow & move forward
- You will establish & drive the key financial metrics that will support & contribute to strategic decision-making
- You excel at communicating complex financial & accounting issues in an easily comprehensible way for management & non-financial professionals to understand.
- You will use your outstanding financial & operational skills to influence decision-making
- You are highly analytical, motivated & eager to dive into the data.
- You possess strong leadership, communication, problem solving & analytical skills
- You will liaise & be a primary interface with investors, key stakeholders & outside parties
Who are we Looking For?
- Experience at an e-commerce and/or media company
- You have 5-8 years of progressive finance leadership experience.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or other course of study
- MBA in Finance and/or Economics is a plus
- Extensive experience in branded consumer products, revenue management & optimization & digital media KPIs employee compensation etc.
- Experience in GAAP accounting, compliance, accounting regulations & regulatory functions required in operations
- Strategic & Financial Planning & Analysis experience, including strong working knowledge of financial statements
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
What will be your responsibilities for this role?
- Lead finance, accounting, taxes, legal, HR, operations, & administration work with bank, legal, accounting & finance on regular basis
- Extensive experience in budget planning, modeling, & generating practical insights & recommendations
- Manage all finance & corporate functions
- Ensuring our data is up to date & accurate in our CRM system, easy to input & easy for our team to extract
- Work closely with our Ad Sales, Ecommerce, & Executive Teams to own responsibilities around forecasting & managing business metrics (i.e. Pipeline & Revenue Forecasting)
- Influence & strategize around our Product Roadmap in ways that will benefit revenue growth
- Participate in Competitive Market Research in effort to relay back to Product & Engineering teams improvements/suggestions
What do we have to offer?
Located in Brooklyn the core of our DNA lies in innovation. We focus on doing things differently & we challenge each other to be the best we can be. We offer:
- High performing team who wants to win & have fun doing it
- Casual environment (as long as you wear clothes, were good!)
- Competitive Compensation