At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Projects will require close collaboration with other teams & orgs, working closely with creative & product designers, other engineers & stakeholders. These projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound frontend standards to engineers, designers, & management.
Our company moves at an extremely fast pace & is always evolving. Being adaptable to change is a necessity & so is having a great attitude.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces pairing, healthy discussions & supports each other in their goals
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on new & emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current & evolving infrastructure
- Unblock, support & effectively communicate cross functionally in order to achieve results
- Help define the team roadmap & architecture based on technology & business needs
- Evangelize appropriate tech & engineering best practices, & occasionally give internal or external tech talks
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver & rider
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with NodeJS & Express applications
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience with unit, integration, & end-to-end testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product & Design
- Good understanding of web performance & how browsers & DOM work
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.