WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, & product managers who have built our web & e-commerce applications, our mobile (iOS & Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, & our data platform (among many other things). Within Engineering, the Data team is responsible for our enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence platform, ETL processes, data pipelines, as well as machine learning models & deployment infrastructure, including demand forecasting, personalization & product recommendations.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Solve high-impact problems contributing to the success of our chefs at home & of the organization as a whole
- Design & implement new data workflows, automation, tools & API integrations
- Collaborate with other engineers & internal stakeholders to apply data solutions to the unique challenges of our business
- Research, share, & recommend new technologies & trends
- Our stack: Python, SQL, Airflow, Kafka, BigQuery, Spark, Apache Beam, Tensorflow
- 2+ years experience in Data Engineering or similar roles working with backend systems & large, disparate, & complex datasets
- Solid understanding of large-scale data warehousing, ETL best practices, RDBMS, event sourcing, batch & stream processing
- Strong communication skills & experience working with technical & non-technical stakeholders to solve problems
- Expert Python skills
- A thirst for learning & a passion for putting new technologies, processes & patterns into practice
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.