Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Associate Program Analyst role is within the broader Global Products & Solutions organization & responsible for implementing & supporting loyalty programs running on Visa Loyalty Platform Services (VLPS).
Visa Loyalty Platform Services (VLPS) helps issuers, merchants & acquirers execute marketing promotions or loyalty programs that build customer relationships & drive profitable behavior. By delivering targeted offers to cardholders & rewarding only those customers who perform desired behaviors, Visa Loyalty Platform Services can enable clients to increase wallet share, spend, customer engagement & loyalty.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly collaborative team player who is proactive at identifying & resolving issues. This individual contributor position is based out of our Foster City, CA office.
What you'll do:
Your responsibilities will grow with the role, but the list below provides a picture of the tasks you'll be doing at the outset:
- Implement, monitor & validate loyalty programs on VLPS platform
- Provide consultation & best practice on campaign offer mechanics
- Research & support cardholder escalations pertain to VLPS programs
- Manipulate large data sets using advanced Microsoft Excel functions such as vlookup & pivot table.
- Generate basic reporting on program performance using MicroStrategy BI tool
- Gather transaction data, conduct analysis, articulate trends, & present actionable insights
- Closely work with cross-functional teams (globally & regionally) in engineering, product management, marketing, & client services organizations
What you'll bring:
- A passion for solving problems.
- A way with words that makes technical topics easy to understand
- A keen eye for getting to the root cause of an issue
- A love of helping people
- An ability to manage multiple needs & keep them all on track
- Able to jump into projects outside of your comfort zone at a moment's notice
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience in Finance, Analytics, or related quantitative field
- Experience working in Technical Support area is preferred
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of problem solving methods to inform data analysis approach
- Basic understanding of database SQL & Agile software development
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience with BI Reporting tools such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Prior knowledge of payment processing and/or banking industry is a plus
- Proven ability to service & support a range of internal & external customers, often in parallel & within a shifting set of priorities.
- Excellent professional communication skills
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours & occasionally require to attend early morning or late evening meeting with clients & Visa regional teams
Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.