About our Company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products & highly personalized service model, we celebrate & champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. Were scrappy, straightforward, strategic, & snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better & faster & smarterand have more fun while were at it. We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About this role
Our Merchandise & Planning Team is looking to hire a highly motivated & ambitious intern to join our team & support us in our daily tasks. The ideal candidate is someone who is currently pursuing or has recently received a degree in business or a related field & is looking to gain retail experience in a fast-paced environment. This person will work closely with our assortment & experience every step in a collection building process. The Merchandising intern will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with the design, production, creative, marketing, & analytics teams. We are excited to welcome a new member of our close-knit team!
This role is based in New York City.
Duration: 6 months
What will you do?
- Weekly reporting, closely analyzing sales trends & areas of opportunity
- Maintain & ensure accuracy of the merchandising teams style assortment
- Competitive research, identifying industry trends & how they relate to our MM customers
- Support merchant in sales analysis, identifying weekly sell-through rates, keep rates, & strategizing for slow inventory
- Build assortment boards, guides, & assist in creating cross-functional presentations
- Ad hoc duties, analysis, & projects
What skills do you have?
- Microsoft Excel & Google Sheet proficiency (specifically with V-lookup, Index Matches, & Pivot tables)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, or a related field
- Past retail experience preferred
- Passion for retail & a desire to gain experience in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with the ability to work in cross-functional settings