Dashlane is a password manager & online security app for everyone who lives, works, & plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design & patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, & payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords & wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage & secure their digital identities & has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York & Lisbon is united by our passion for password security & the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
As a hands-on engineering manager, you will manage & empower developers while continuing to contribute to our codebase & be involved in technical & architectural decisions.
- Manage developers in the Backend team, help them grow as engineers & follow their career development
- Work in collaboration with the other Backend Engineering Managerand business stakeholders to prioritize work & help the team achieve its goals
- Recruit new developers & participate in Dashlane's effort to be visible in the tech community (e.g. by talking at meetups or conferences)
- Architect & design new features
- Ensure availability & reliability of our services including databases, web services, & other integrations
- Be responsible for our cloud infrastructure on AWS, ensure it scales to support business growth
- Manage & forecast backend budget expenses, work on cost optimizations
Its great if:
- You have a track record for managing critical services that need to stay up 24/7
- You have good knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database(s)
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You are experienced with cloud platforms (eg. AWS) & DevOps processes
- You are aware of the security implications of your own work (have you checked our zero-knowledge architecture white-paper?)
At Dashlane, you will:
- Learn every day & be involved in many various projects
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned & to implement your ideas for improvement
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer agents, in a nice office & a multicultural environment
- Wake up every morning, be excited to go to work & have fun!
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris & currently split between Paris, New York & Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, & more. We're committed to finding diverse talent & fostering a culture where everyone is heard & feels a sense of belonging.