About the right team member:
Do you derive joy from writing the perfect headline, ad, poem, blog post, thank you note, TV script, Pulitzer Prize-winning novel? Will you fight for the verb of your choice, yet know when good is good enough? Do you have an opinion on the Oxford comma (whether you love it or hate it)? If so, then we should talk.
Because you see what others often can't: that great creative exists simply where great creative is made. You know you can write great creative, even in a regulated space. Especially in a regulated space. You're not just up for that challenge, you're inspired by it.
You want to reach people with a product they'll use for the most important things in their livessome for their entire lives. You see financial services, & you see an industry in desperate need of a values-based company. You're excited to bring that message to the world. You're ready, & we're ready for you.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Bring our business to life with words. We're looking for someone to be the voice of our B2B business lines, helping build brand trust & confidence through web copy, email, social, ads, & more. You'll work with our CRM Team to reach all Betterment customers with content, promotions, advice, & moments of sheer delight.
- Make the mundane fun & captivating. As a robo-advisor, we strive to be even more engaging & human. You'll deliver important ideas to our customers & customers-to-be with your beautifully crafted words.
- Inspire big brand ideas. We're eager for them! You'll brainstorm, concept, & develop creative work that builds our business & engages both our internal teams & our customers.
- Collaborate across functions. We want a writer who can partner with our Marketing, Design, Product, & Engineering Teams to launch new products & be the creative driver in the room.
- Work with people who care. We're passionate about building the most loved financial services company of a generation. You'll get to be a part of that & help shape both our product & our culture.
You will be effective if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience (in-house or agency) across email, web, ads, product, & other digital marketing channels.
- A stellar portfolio of work representing your voice, your ideas, & your abilities (even if it's not necessarily what your client signed off on).
- The creativity, curiosity, & drive to make engaging & effective workfrom individual Instagram posts to major campaigns.
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way that also adheres to voice & brand.
- An appreciation of how design & copy are part of the same consumer experience.
- The deep desire to build something new, & to be resourceful in doing so.
- Strong writing, grammatical, & communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience creating beautiful work in a regulated environment.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.