Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 6 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform general maintenance, cleaning, & repair for functions at the building. Maintenance Technicians perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, residential common areas, grounds & parking lots. This role requires a highly diversified base of knowledge & skills needed to maintain the property. Technicians will deliver excellent experiences for our residents. You will be part of a team reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Complete all resident & site work orders as directed by Maintenance Superintendent
- Complete & submit all required paperwork in an accurate & timely manner
- Perform special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Property Management Team
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) & other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Represent yourself in a professional manner with members, visitors, & other employees
- Ability to be on-call during off-hours
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends & holidays.
- Proven experience as a maintenance technician
- Good physical condition & strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Employees must be knowledgeable & skilled in the safe use & maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment & measuring devices
- Demonstrated skills relevant to maintenance work including but not limited to plumbing, HVAC + electrical work
- High School diploma, GED or related experience and/or training
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP, EPA/Universal, HVAC certified, etc.) are preferred.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.