The Peloton Bike is built through our Internal Bike Assembly System (IBAS) process which is a series of stations used for assembly & manufacturing. IBAS Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be the on-site quality representative at one of the IBAS locations. The primary objective of this role is to support the assembly operation of high-quality products through the continuous improvement of processes, product quality, & systems that surround them.
As an individual, you will be working with cross-functional teams to ensure incoming material & finished products meet customer requirements & engineering specifications using problem-solving skills. He/she will be responsible for the supervision of the part of the quality team.
This role is based in Perris, CA. This role reports to the Manufacturing Quality Engineering Manager.
- Supervise & provide quality support to ensure that products are manufactured with a high level of quality while being in compliance with quality & engineering standards
- Lead, assist, support, & document the quality effort for the manufacturing process analyzing Customer Acceptance Lab, First Pass Yield, & Non-conformance data to meet the quality metrics
- Assist in investigating & correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments using different problem-solving methodologies like 8D, Kaizen, DMAIC, 5 WHY, Cause & effect diagram, etc
- Create, implement, & improve quality control documents as needed, like SOP, Inspection checklist, etc.
- Perform regular process & product audits to ensure product quality & SOP conformance, Identify areas of improvement, & drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered
- Assist in the implementation of policies, operating procedures, quality systems, & programs that ensure proper testing, evaluation, inspection, & technical support in order to meet product quality standards
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineer, Field Quality, & Supplier Quality teams to drive root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality through data analysis, corrective action, & preventive measures
- Perform FQA/OBA on an on-going basis to assess product compliance & controls
- Report quality performance as needed from leadership
- Bachelors degree with experience in Manufacturing & quality
- 1-3 years of experience in assembly manufacturing quality or production environment
- Good Analytics, problem-solving, decision-making, & root cause analysis skills with lean manufacturing, 5S, kaizen, & formalized 8D process experience
- Must possess the skills to lead others through the process
- Excellent oral & written skills
- Must be detailed oriented & have a strong quality mindset
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.