Working alongside our Global Markets team, the London Head of Architecture & Design will help define the future development of Knotels agile design initiatives in London. As a leader in the design industry, you will help provide an elevated approach to workplace interiors that is able to adapt & support our ever-evolving client demographic. You will be part of a team that is responsible for developing & implementing new design concepts & standards for Knotels workplaces.
What Youll Do
- Oversee the continued design development of Knotels Interior Design & Branded Environments internal processes & prospective member offerings for London
- Build a high-performance team effectively through supervision, training, coaching, & mentoring
- Oversee the creation of client design briefs to ensure that they meet Knotels design standards
- Develop systems & processes capable of supporting domestic & global business goals that improve KPIs
- Develop & leverage strong professional relationships with Knotels Real Estate, Growth, Project Management, & Customer Experience Teams
Who You Are
Youre a leader on all fronts & you arent afraid to dive into details while keeping a big-picture view. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work & environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. Beyond your technical expertise, youre passionate about the evolution of workspaces & want to leverage your design expertise to innovate on how we furnish culture-coded spaces that meet the unique needs of our members. You thrive in environments where youre expected to come up with solutions on the fly & can handle any issues that come up along a project lifecycle without losing sight of the end goal. You also have the following:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10+ years experience in interior design & architecture for retail, workplace or hospitality projects
- 3+ years hiring & managing a group of designers
- Experience designing processes and/or implementing enterprise applications to support global supply chain operations
- Vendor negotiation & management experience; you know how to manage vendor negotiations professionally & successfully
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawing & skilled in the visual, written & verbal communication of design issues
- Expert knowledge of industry trends in workplace design
- Proficiency in Sketchup, CAD, & REVIT
Knotel is the worlds leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills & manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established & growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, & people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate & moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva & Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility & speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, & workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Dont Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
- Where is it Engraved - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.