Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts & matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, & IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability & security. We are the fastest growing Drupal & WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites & serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education & NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, & the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity & looking to expand our Customer Success team. Thats where you come in.
The Manager of Customer Success will assist upper management in setting goals that promote company growth, maintain & drive team performance in the Customer Success organization & enable delivery of services to our customers. This person oversees the daily activity of the CSM team & will prepare organizational reports as needed. You will be working cooperatively with the Sales, Support, Professional Services, Documentation, Product, & Engineering teams to help our customers realize their business objectives through the use of Pantheons platform. Reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Success, you will build an understanding of the customers needs & proactively help identify ways in which they can interact with Pantheon to increase their productivity & results.
Right away, youll have the opportunity to continue to grow our team of engaged & seasoned CSMs, who are responsible for ensuring our customers are getting the most value possible from the platform & accelerating their success through WebOps best practices. Youll also have the opportunity to develop deep customer relationships, address escalations, & work with other leaders across the company to further our strategy & mission: to make the open web a first-class platform that delivers results.
A key aspect of this leadership role is mentoring & coaching early-to-mid career CSMs; guiding & educating them on Customer Success methodologies & strategies, & ultimately ensuring they will be successful now & in the future as you continue to grow their careers.
Pantheons core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard & play harder, valuing individuality, humor, & balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities & have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Deploy strategy to help customers adopt & see the value of WebOps ultimately leading to high customer satisfaction
- Develop & maintain key relationships with senior level clients
- Plan & execute KPI reports & presentations
- Manage resourcing across the CSM team to meet deliverable dates
- Leverage data & insights to drive strategic recommendations to customers
- Ensure an exceptional experience for our customers & partners by understanding their business objectives & helping to drive adoption of core functionality
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with our customers by refining our engagements & providing value throughout the customer partnership as they deliver on their program roadmap
- Engage closely with the Account Manager of each customer, as well as other strategic leaders that influence the direction of the account
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, & Marketing to ensure a consistent & strong customer message is embedded in our processes
- Identify expansion opportunities & partner with Sales to successfully close such opportunities
- Creatively analyze & drive adoption within the customer base, including engaging departmental leaders who are utilizing the solution well & influencing where adoption may be improved
- Diagnose risks - take action to solve or mitigate such risks
- Monitor & achieve group KPIs including but not limited to: renewal %, upsell %, monthly active usage, & CSAT
- Support your team in identifying key customer advocates that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, & references
- Turn every customer & partner into a Pantheon champion & lifetime Pantheon customer & advocate
What You Bring to the Table
- 5-10 years experience in a role directly supporting customers as a CSM, digital consultant, technical support engineer or similar
- 2-5 years experience managing & running a customer facing team
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries to solve issues
- Comfortable analyzing data to develop hypotheses & communicate ideas
- Working knowledge of Git & the command line
- Experience managing & developing Wordpress & Drupal sites
- Salesforce or similar CRM systems proficiency
- Proven track record in managing customers, customer retention, & growth
- Solid communication skills with the ability to manage tough conversations in a professional & solution-oriented manner
Bonus Points for
- Existing Pantheon champion or very familiar with the advantages of WebOps best practices
- Experience with continuous integration & agile workflows
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity & paternity leave
- Monthly gym & book allowance
- Fun at WordPress & Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen & daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer & we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.