Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purposeto improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, & delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry & enhancing the quality of life for others.
In 2019 we raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across four locations, & achieved $200M ARR. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next Unicorns. Our journey is just beginning, & we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere. We are looking to scaling Alto from three markets today to over 50 markets in 36 months.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, & we are seeking a strategic, operational minded analyst to be a key member of our quickly growing team. You will be one of the early members on our Strategic Finance team dedicated to driving results through analytics. This role is a unique opportunity to apply your deep technical skills to drive insights & results across the whole organization. The ideal candidate obsesses over customers & data. They also have a passion for continuous process improvement, product development, & the ability to clearly communicate complex analysis & recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Work independently with business partners in different verticals / markets to analyze strategic questions using internal & market data & provide recommendations for decision making
- Develop & implement a framework for understanding the drivers of profitability & optimizing margins through sku optimization (both purchasing & reimbursement optimization), optimizing pricing, vendor negotiations, payor analysis
- Implement & continuously iterate on daily, weekly, & monthly metrics dashboards across sales, marketing, finance, & operations
- Work cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product, & Engineering to gather information, build analyses, sell ideas & execute on key projects (unit profitability initiatives, self service optimization, driving new revenue sources, etc.)
- Leverage data & insights to build a deep understanding of the value Alto provides to patients, doctors, & clinics, & ultimately leverage that knowledge to drive growth, retention, & customer experience improvements within existing & new markets
- Develop a strategic analytical framework for market expansion across key criteria such as market sizing (overlap of geographic, demographic, & therapeutic area), geographic considerations, provider profiles, & competitive considerations
- Implement & iterate on the lifetime value & cost to acquire framework for patients & providers
- Partner with Pharmacy, Procurement, & Patient care teams to measure the effectiveness of our purchasing & inventory management rules, processes, & controls including the impact of delivery experience from out of stock products
What You'll Need
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- Minimum 4 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, management consulting, business intelligence, or investment banking/private equity background
- Advanced SQL skills & experience with programming languages such as R and/or Python a plus
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans