Zoic Studios is an award winning visual effects company who understand story, process & relationships. Partnership, integrity & enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City & Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Warrior, Manifest, Legion, & Claws.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological & studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film & television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
The VFX Coordinator is the right hand of the producer for episodic television and/or feature films. The coordinator makes sure artists have what they need, communicates with editorial departments, helps with I/O & overcuts, & helps keep track of the statuses of every shot in production. It is also the responsibility of the coordinator to be attentive to the needs of any clients that are in house. This particular position is freelance, full time through mid-October 2019 with the potential for extension.
- Support producers by ensuring all artists have what they need.
- Take detailed notes in dailies sessions, & communicate to the artists on the team.
- Overcut plates using Heiro.
- Assist in the I/O process.
- Post shots for client review, relay clients notes to artists in a timely manner.
- Assist in shot delivery.
- Assist in client service for in house clients.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience working on episodic television, commercials, and/or feature films.
- Excellent problem solving skills & ability to think ahead & anticipate needs.
- Extremely organized & detail oriented.
- Experience with client interaction, scheduling, data entry for project tracking, organizing meetings, managing I/O, assisting producers & supervisors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of visual effects workflow.
- Potential for overtime hours, flexible schedule required.
- Experience with the Shotgun shot management software in a production environment a plus!
- Previous experience as a VFX coordinator in an episodic or commercial facility a major plus!
- Candidates located in New York & surrounding area preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles & New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position & is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted