Moda Operandi is seeking an SG&A Accountant to be based in Manhattan & report to the Accounting Operations Manager. The SG&A Accountant will be responsible for all financial & accounting activities related to assign SG&A G/L's, processes & financial entities. This position will need to work effectively across organizational & functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of Modas accounting structure & areas to improve processes & efficiencies. This role requires organization & skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing & dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Perform detailed financial statement analysis, prepare, compile & document accounting related journal entries & account reconciliations.
- Prepare, process & review complex journal entries & account reconciliations for the Accounting Team to ensure financial results are accurate & timely.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information to support effective decision making.
- Effectively monitor & participate in the monthly close process & support budget & forecast activities.
- Assist in research & troubleshooting by liaising with the tech team on any system discrepancies
- Review AP register for proper bill coding & descriptions, along with use tax accruals
- Complete bank reconciliations of all cash accounts
- Own T&E system; review & process T&E reports, enter month end accrual
- Prepare & compile all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Complete sales tax reconciliations between third party processor & in-house accounting system
- Prepare Department P&L's & review with team leaders to ensure accurate reporting
- Function as the primary contact for financial issues involving assigned departments responding in a timely & professional manner.
- Assist Senior Controller in enhancing & documenting current processes, departmental procedures, financial reporting & analysis.
- Assist with Accounting Team on cross-functional projects & system implementations.
- Assist Senior Controller & Accounting team in preparation of Financial Statements & year-end Audit
- BS in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Systems (Preferably Netsuite) & Excel
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of accounting
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects & establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a resourceful problem solver when resources are scarce & information is incomplete
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting required; CPA/MBA a plus. Experience in accounting e-commerce companies is a double bonus.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established & emerging designers, straight from the runway & designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace & Trunk Show model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products & technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators & consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought & sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, & customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments & Cond Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology & data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, & increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, & vision coverage for full-time employees & their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.