At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician 2, you will report to our Vehicle Service Manager. You will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification, & improvement of our work standards & processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving & collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customer & fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process, so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Act as the highest quality vehicle maintenance & light service technician
- Perform routine automotive maintenance, such as oil change, vehicle inspection, tire rotation & replacement, wheel alignment, engine & cabin air filter replacement, & brake & rotor replacement
- Disassembly & reassembly of collision damaged vehicles
- Light diagnosis of drivetrain, suspension or HVAC problems & repair/replace components as needed.
- Responsible for performing & documenting daily equipment inspections & ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Clean & detail vehicles, as needed
- Provide training, assistance, & mentoring of entry-level technicians
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment on a continuous basis & comply with Lyfts repair, safety, & regulatory guidelines
- Maintains & executes system standards & visual management
- Operate a variety of hand, power, & shop tools
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency & resolve complex issues
- 2+ years of proven service work experience in the automotive industry is mandatory
- Must have experience performing oil change, tire rotation, repair & replacement, air filter, transmission flush, brake fluid flush, brake purge, AC service
- Minimum skills may be acquired through a qualified technical school certificate or equivalent related experience
- Preferred Qualifications include an A.S. degree or Certificate in MACS with previous experience as a mechanic working on light diagnostics
- Demonstrates commitment to solving problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude & troubleshooting skills
- Discipline to Standard Operating Procedures & Routines
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills (i.e. communication, respectfulness, listening, reliability, conflict management)
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, & completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.