As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) AP team is responsible for Visa acceptance everywhere in Asia Pacific. The team works with domestic & international stakeholders (e.g. merchants, acquirers) to protect & grow merchant volume through expansion of Visa acceptance, growing Visa payment products, driving innovation & maintaining consumer confidence in the Visa brand.
Within MS&A, the Strategy & Business Planning team is responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of regional & local teams. The team leads high priority regional strategic projects, goal setting, performance tracking, & analytics supporting the country teams.
The Trainee will be working on a multitude of projects & collaborating with internal stakeholders across MS&A & other relevant departments. The work scope is expected as follows:
- 40%- Independent research / analytics projects
- Support high-priority regional projects via research work & business case development (e.g. document investment activities of a leading wallet player across Asia Pacific)
- 40%- Process improvement & Business decision models
- Explore automation / improvement of current processes, & if feasible, implement the recommended solutions
- Build tools / models to enhance business decision making (e.g. build analytical tool to understand marketing campaign Return on Investment)
- 20% - Market performance reports
- Collate Visa data & analyze market performance
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing a Diploma in Business, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields
- Curious, enthusiastic & mature individual with the willingness to learn
- Self-motivated & takes initiative to solve problems independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Strong affinity toward data analytics
- Highly collaborative in working with internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from Feb/Mar 2020 onwards. The minimum duration for this internship is 3 months.