The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced & passionate software engineers & systems engineers who possess backgrounds in systems, programming & networking to help ensure that customers around the world are able to access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, & that all of the features are working properly.
We build the tools that build Squarespace. From pull request to production dozens of times a day, & just as important, fast push-button rollbacks. We provide the tools to introspect what our code is doing & how its doing it. Our footprint is mixed between on-prem & cloud, our job is to choose the right solution to the problem at hand & deliver it efficiently.
Hundreds of engineers, serving millions of sites to millions of users, many millions of times a day. We give our product engineers the confidence to do great things.
We expect our engineers to lead projects from our offices in Dublin, Portland & New York. While on-call is expected, we value sustainability in our operations & rely on SLOs & error budgets to keep our operational toil in check.
This role will report to the team lead.
- Own the services which allow us to build & deploy Squarespace ensuring a hermetic, repeatable process.
- Own the services which manage metrics, logging, alerting, & tracing.
- Ensure the local development environment for engineers at Squarespace allows us keep up our pace.
- Provide the tooling to ensure that when we release we do so fast, safely & reliably. Including code analysis & automated end-to-end testing.
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, & monitoring of Squarespaces infrastructure & ensure it's redundant & fast around the globe.
- Work closely with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas & understand the system, & mentor junior team members.
- Programming experience. Preferred languages: Java, C++, Python, Go, & Ruby.
- 5+ years experience managing large-scale software & distributed systems in *nix environments.
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices.
- 5+ years of experience with database design, caching, scalability, & network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.