HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions & inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 10 years in, were the industry leader & have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide & are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food & grocery.
But most importantly, its our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities & in which their voices are heard & valued every day. This helps us best reflect & serve our customers.
So, if youre keen to join a growing, caring company which puts its people at the heart of what it does, look no further!
About the job
As a Procurement Lead, Protein you will lead & execute sourcing activities while managing suppliers & delivering on new product onboarding for the protein category. You will bring specialist skills to one business area, running complex strategic tasks & leading smaller projects independently, with support from your manager.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for identifying & executing cost savings opportunities & securing supply/capacity for our protein portfolio
- Optimise our ingredient supply network & support changes to improve customer experience
- Lead vendor selection process & supplier negotiations to secure maximum value while taking into consideration TCO (total cost of ownership), service, & quality
- Analyze & monitor market trends, supplier landscape & innovation/trends for respective categories
- Collaborate with & support the Supply Chain, Technical, Operations, & Product teams in executing strategic initiatives activities (eg. reduction of quality error rates, reduction of DC changeovers, etc.)
- Delivering business change management & a growth mindset
- Work with Technical & Supply Chain teams to resolve supply challenges
- Lead & influence a variety of internal stakeholders within the business ensuring alignment across teams
- Partner with our suppliers on value-creating solutions, ensuring relationship is maintained & further developed to improve the financials for both HelloFresh
- Solve problems on-the-go in a fast-paced environment
Who you are:
- Data-driven You can organize, explore, & synthesize unstructured data into actionable insights to better inform operational decision-making.
- Intellectually curious You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way they do, & to consistently challenge the status quo.
- Detail-oriented You possess strong organizational skills & consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work.
- A self-starter You are highly motivated & passionate. Youre eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover.
- Agile You thrive in fast-paced & dynamic environments & are comfortable working autonomously.
- A critical thinker You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, & synthesize & present critical information to solve complex problems.
- An excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity & precision both written & verbal.
- Collaborative - Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs & able to work well with diverse opinions.
- Dedicated to providing the best possible experience for the HelloFresh customer.
- Have at least 2 years of strategic protein procurement experience
- Quantitative & analytical experience (either through education or professional experience) including solid comfort in Google suite & or MS Office applications
What you will get in return:
Upon starting your employment:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Premium Headspace membership
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work benefit
- Unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Programme- If in the office, enjoy a Free breakfast every day
- Learnerbly membership with up to 75 per year to spend on your development
Upon passing probation:
- Company pension scheme
- Classpass membership
- Private Health Insurance with BUPA
Further details will be provided upon the start of your employment.
Level & Progression:
A Lead brings specialist skills to one business area, running complex operational tasks & leading projects.
From there, you can progress to a Manager level within the same function, or progress sideways to a role in another team at HelloFresh for which you have transferable skills.
Start date: ASAP
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be asked to complete a competency interview and, depending on the result, you will be invited for an additional interview including a case study review.
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever your identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.