At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, high-quality & reliable metrics play an important role in the decision-making process. The metrics help provide insights into the effectiveness of our product launch & features & let us track our goals & missions.
As a software engineer, you will be part of the team that builds the new generation of the metrics platform to serve reliable & high-quality metrics. You will get the chance to design & build the backend APIs for creating & serving the source of truth metrics metadata across Lyft to different downstream apps such as A/B testing & reporting; You will own the data pipelines that powers the Lyft topline & domain metrics; You also get the chance to build the user-facing frontend features to allow users to manage their metrics. Your efforts will ensure the metrics being used across Lyft are high quality, & people can access business/user insights to make data-informed decisions.
- Work with teams to gather requirements & align on the design of the metrics platform features
- Create & own the roadmap for the metrics platform projects in partnership with PMs & Data Scientists
- Design and evolve data models to handle different metrics use cases
- Design & create relational & noSQL databases for persisting data objects
- Design & implement metric platforms backend services to provide APIs for supporting metrics metadata operations & various downstream use cases
- Owner of the data pipelines for metrics computation & A/B testing stats computation. Build & maintain scalable data pipelines
- Proficient in at least one of the programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Go
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Experience with SQL & relational databases (Postgres, Mysql, Oracle, or similar)
- Experience with Kubernetes (k8s), Envoy, Kafka, and/or AWS is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase, Parquet)
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow or similar)