Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data engineers in the Enterprise
Data Team. The hire will be responsible for expanding & optimizing our data & data pipeline
architecture, as well as optimizing data flow & collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate
is an experienced data pipeline builder & data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and
building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database
architects, data analysts & data scientists on data initiatives & will ensure optimal data delivery
architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed & comfortable
supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems & products. The right candidate will be excited by
the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our companys data architecture to support our next
generation of products & data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create & maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, & loading of data from a
wide variety of data sources using SQL & AWS big data technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer
acquisition, operational efficiency & other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data & Design teams to assist with
data-related technical issues & support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated & secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers
and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics & data scientist team members that assist them in building and
optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data & analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge & experience working with relational databases, query
authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building & optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures & data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal & external data & processes to answer specific business questions & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency & workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing & extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, & highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management & organizational skills.
- Experience supporting & working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with DW tools: Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS), Informatica Data Quality (CDQ), Informatica PowerCenter, etc.
- Experience with relational RDMS & NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Redshift DW
- Experience with data pipeline & workflow management tools: Atomic, AutoSys, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.