WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide, the premier consumer internet & media company dedicated to helping people navigate & enjoy life's biggest moments together, seeks social media intern for The Knot for the fall semester, the #1 multiplatform wedding resource. The Knot has an award-winning social media program & won the Best Brand on Instagram by DigiDay furthering its leadership position as the most popular bridal media brand on Instagram.
You will have the opportunity to play a role in the furthering the development of our social media channelscreating social media content, interacting with nearly two million social media fans, & assisting with special projects, among other duties. For everyone at The Knot Worldwide a collaborative spirit is a must. Our teams are very dedicated & excited about what they do & we work hard to maintain that atmosphere. The right candidate for this position will be smart, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a problem solver, a go-getter & above all, a team player.
This is a paid internship, & you must be enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program or be a recent grad to apply.
SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- An active presence on all major social media platforms
- Must be tech- & Internet-savvy, a strong writer & an effective multi-tasker
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs
- Undergraduate emphasis in journalism, English, or communications is a plus
- An interest in weddings & fashion is helpful & social media experience is a plus
- Experience in programming social posts through a third-party platform is a bonus
- The ability to work up to 29 hours per week
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.