Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate, Strategic Initiatives to join our Concierge Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Associate, Strategic Initiatives will work with all Oscar partners & representing the needs & interests of the department in company wide programs.
You will manage & design operations for strategic initiatives, maintaining ownership of & accountability for all workflows, tools & requirements to ensure operational success with an ability to work across different projects & team members at the same time.
You will report to the Implementation Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee or Utah. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Identify, design, & implement changes & improvements to programs for our strategic programs including assisting with pre & post- launch
- Support & determine our program strategy by shaping the development of business cases, standard operating procedures, & playbooks for our strategic programs
- Partner with Product Management team to support design & build for system changes
- Implement strategic plans to meet department goals
- Create mitigation plans for identified areas of operational deficiency
- Collaboratively work with all relevant partner groups to create implementation, communications, & program strategies for successful change management & risk mitigation projects
- Help with the end-to-end management of implementations/projects, including project plan creation, team member engagement/management, edge case mitigation & project completion
- Support department & team wide strategic planning activities, including development & monitoring of Goals / Key Results
- Provide leverage to department leadership by taking on important ad-hoc projects;
- Be a department advocate
- Manage relationships to promote multi department collaboration
- 3+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management or operations
- Experience in program management or design or implementation
- Experience coordinating with teams or external partners
- Experience designing & improving workflows & standing up operating procedures to mirror those
- Master's Degree
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications
- PMP Certifications or Program Management Certifications
- Healthcare experience (Health Insurance, Health Systems, or Healthcare Consulting)
- Experience defining tech requirements & partnering with tech teams to work toward execution
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.