We have an exciting opportunity in our perception team for software engineers & researchers with exceptional development/research skills in Computer Vision & Deep Learning. The primary responsibility of the Senior Computer Vision Researcher is to conduct independent research & development of core perception components within the agreed-upon scope & schedule as defined by the management team. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, & adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product & embody our values.
- Conduct independent research & development work on advanced computer vision components, such as semantic segmentation, scene understanding, object detection & 3D reconstruction.
- Provide leadership & mentorship to more junior software engineers, technicians & interns.
- Work hand-in-hand with all the key stakeholders & developers across the company contributing to computer vision components.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality geometric vision modules.
- Troubleshoot & resolve software defects & other technical issues.
- Review individual developers' code in the team to ensure the highest code quality.
- 2+ years of working experience in Computer Vision targeted to product development.
- Expert knowledge in Computer Vision & Deep Learning in the following domains:
- Object Detection & Semantic Segmentation: Design & implement advanced algorithms for detecting objects & labeling semantics in 2D images & 3D data
- 3D Geometry: Strong knowledge of 3D geometry concepts, such as multiview geometry, point cloud processing & working with depth data.
- 3D Scene Understanding: Design & implement 3D scene segmentation algorithms based on depth, motion or texture data.
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Good working knowledge of C++ (programming & debugging)
- Strong knowledge in Deep Learning, particularly focused on semantic segmentation, object detection & 3D data with the knowledge of a deep learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OpenCV is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D reconstruction concepts, such as structure from motion, pose estimation, & localization, is a plus
- Knowledge of working with meshes & 3D geometry applied to meshes is a plus
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field (with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience)
- Ph.D. is preferred (with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines