Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Fashion Merchandise Planning Manager, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning & forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories ensuring that assortment, price & availability are a win-win for our customers & Walmart eCommerce. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends & synthesize information from multiple touch points providing financial plans & supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You wont do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues & have access to industry-leading merchandising tools & technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business & financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the art to the science of retailing, were also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge & expertise with your team & foster a collaborative & supportive environment.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, & Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans & budgets
- Coordinates & completes demand plans for category suppliers/sellers, evaluating new products & assortment.
- Provides input into & assists in the development of buying & inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand & return on investment goals are met; summarizes findings & develops initial recommendations for changes.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial plans & forecasts (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for category & identifies potential changes needed to achieve category objectives.
- Analyzes key performance metrics (e.g., inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, product mix) for category.
- Prepares & assists in the execution of category budgets, season or campaign buy plans & line review financials.
Forecasting & Financial Planning:
- Creates & authorizes forecast parameters & modifications & assists in the development & execution of financial plans for category.
- Monitors & calibrates vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P & 3P).
- Sets goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting.
- Creates & implements new item/product forecasts.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Places & validates orders within the category.
- Reviews orders to ensure appropriate item-level inventory replenishment, & processes orders for category.
- Coaches less experienced team members & provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Mentors less experienced Planners.
- Supports training for Planners.
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family & build a career youre proud of. Were committed to supporting & developing our workforcefurther strengthening our people-led, tech-empowered enterprise.