Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead all aspects of design (including user research, UX design, visual design, & prototyping) for a specific product area
- Collaborate independently with Product, Engineering, & Data Science leads to inform roadmap & then execute on concepts, research, & delivery
- Design & participate in user research studies to validate hypotheses & ensure product usability & consistency
- Build & communicate a well-informed, compelling vision for your product area
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the MasterClass Design System
- Provide direct & impactful feedback to other designers on the team, helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
- Be data-driven & have a strong desire to constantly improve the MasterClass product experience
- 7+ years of experience in user experience, visual design, & prototyping for consumer web/mobile interfaces
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation & testing are valued
- Attention to detail & strong visual skills & understanding of layout, typography, & visual hierarchy
- Familiarity with proven & emerging tools for interface design & prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, & Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, & clear design feedback
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions & drive meaningful product value
- Highly developed presentation & storytelling skills
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.