Oscar is changing healthcare delivery by curating a strong network of doctors & facilities to provide high-quality, accessible care at a reasonable cost. The Direct Contracting team uses a data-driven approach to understand gaps & improvement opportunities in our current & future care delivery networks, identify partners to bolster these networks, & negotiate deals in alignment with Oscars standards.
Oscar is launching a new unit of our Direct Contracting team in Tempe, AZ to accommodate our rapid expansion. We are looking for an exceptional people & process leader to build & manage this new team & establish strong & strategic contracting operations for our continued network growth.
- Manage & scale an exceptional team, developing the capacity & expertise needed to accomplish Oscars direct contracting objectives.
- Serve as the primary ambassador of the Contracting team in Tempe, collaborating with other Tempe leaders on collective initiatives & ensuring that the Contracting team embeds seamlessly into local operations.
- Run & optimize your teams core operations, building lean, measurable, & scalable processes & leveraging technology where possible to drive automation, speed, & quality.
- Own your teams business metrics, setting clear priorities & benchmarks & establishing a tracking & reporting infrastructure to accurately assess the performance of your ecosystem.
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders to improve cross-functional workflows & tools & resolve issues affecting contracting operations.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for your team, managing any complex external communications & unblocking operational issues.
- Synthesize key insights from your team in executive communications to drive improvements to Oscars direct contracting strategies & standards.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in building & leading high-performing teams & processes.
Other key attributes for success include:
- 6+ years of experience designing, leading, & scaling complex operations
- Highly systematic thinking as demonstrated by prior work or experience (lean operations, consulting, MBA, project management, etc).
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, & collaboration skills
- Excellent structured thinking, with the ability to distill complex or ambiguous inputs into key themes & priorities
- Strong analytical skills & fluency in building, tracking, & analyzing operational metrics
- Experience in healthcare contracting, sales, business development, consulting, or partnerships
- Experience negotiating with or on behalf of healthcare systems or providers
- Experience building new teams or functional units at early-stage or high-growth enterprises
- An MBA or Lean/Six Sigma certification
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.