Were searching for a seasoned, thoughtful, impactful design leader to join our UX org leading our mobile design practice. Youll be mentoring, coaching & managing a growing team of product designers & senior product designers & partnering with Product Management & Engineering leadership to drive the vision for HubSpots mobile properties. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have a major impact with a team of experienced designers. We value leaders who are not only strong yet empathetic & supportive coaches, but also those who can communicate & influence a large dynamic organization to help bring the teams ideas to the world.
What types of problems do we work on?
We're helping the actual human people running small & medium-sized companies grow their businesses. From small sales teams, marketing-departments-of-one, & part-time services folks to medium-sized orgs that have their sea legs, we're all about helping these businesses grow.
What is growth? Growth for our customers means being able to hire more people, build & sell more products, & help more & more of their customers succeed - but not at any cost. Baked into the products we make are practices & approaches to growth that help customers sell, market, & service their customers responsibly, in ways we'd want to experience.
If you want to guide how the future of mobile technology fits into our customers growth goals, the opportunities are vast.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals & a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility & ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product & across teams
- We respect user research & content design & work cooperatively with them while bringing product innovations to life
- We carefully lead & maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system & design language with our front end teammates, and the mobile team curates a specialized version of our base system geared to native iOS & Android apps
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers & product managers in sane, sustainable ratios
We are looking for people who:
- Have worked closely with product & engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, & key results for a group of designers
- Have strong, demonstrable experience delivering successful & intuitive mobile products - we value consumer-grade experience quality in service of solving enterprise problems
- Are well-versed in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines & Material design patterns for Android
- Understand how to set designers up to identify & drive impact that is great for our customers & good for business
- Have a developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, & consistency of design
- Have a sixth sense for how to provide & encourage thoughtful feedback on designs as well as identify overlaps & efficiencies between team members projects
- Have extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, & accountability to designers
- Can deliver clear, direct & actionable feedback & wont shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when theres friction or uncertainty
- Collaborate with other leaders to develop a product design strategy & convey the strategy to designers & the org in a way that influences execution
- Know how to build a team; how to screen & interview new candidates for your team & other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understand how to foster team health & bring a sense of mission to the group you lead & to the broader UX team. This includes being responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems & providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Evangelize mobile product design & research & seek ways to measure the impact of design including educating other stakeholders on the value of user experience
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, & wed love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software & systems that power the worlds small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, & employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, & transparency. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, & learn about our commitment to creating a diverse & inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, & more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. Were headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, & we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), & Bogot (Colombia).