Who we are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead Product delivery work streams in support of critical transformation projects that include launching new General Assembly courses, expanding existing courses into new modalities, or other expansion opportunities for General Assemblys course offerings.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management & overall operations of projects of various complexity, size & duration, helping to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives & goals of each project on time & on budget.
An avid problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Project Manager acts as the key point of contact for both senior leadership & accountable project leads & supervises multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams. The Project Manager is comfortable managing multiple tracks of work from discovery to pilot to delivery, ensuring a steady stream of delivery of new releases.
- Confidently collaborates with in-house General Assembly product managers, instructional designers, product marketers, engineers, UX designers, business stakeholders & senior leadership
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution & consensus among team members & dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership & accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility & drive to jump in & fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Contribute to a culture of continuous optimization of workflow & processes across General Assembly; know when we should be strict & when we can be flexible
- Foster highly engaged, cross-functional working groups that value transparency, trust, & collaboration that results in delivering high-quality products to market quickly
- Analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope requirements & support prioritization exercises
- Leverage technology & tools to optimize efficiency & adept at identifying technology dependencies in projects, or confidence in their ability to learn
- Resolve issues within the project team, mediating when necessary, to ensure that all perspectives are heard & everyone is aligned on the project outcomes, what is needed for success, & what their contributions are
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives & cultures bring to projects, & ensure that the final deliverable meets our needs from a global perspective across the GA ecosystem
Skills & Qualifications:
- Track record of meeting deadlines consistently with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously & documenting progress
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team & builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy & quality in all deliverables
- Strong oral & written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope requirements (technical & non-technical), & support prioritization exercises
- Experience working with remote / 3rd party team members
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, & continuously improving teams
- Model a philosophy of curiosity & trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior & continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, & their way of working
Its an added bonus if you have:
- Experience working with technical teams in an agile environment
- Atlassian administration experience (Confluence, Jira, Trello)