At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a Produce Field Specialist to bring their fresh produce expertise to our Procurement team & help revolutionize our end-to-end produce supply chain. Reporting to the Produce Category Manager, you will support the Produce team in selecting & developing a world-class supply base, & work directly with those suppliers & our DCs to optimize our specifications & processes for our direct-to-consumer model. As part of the Procurement team, you will play a key role in helping us deliver the best possible value to our customers.
While the preferred location for this role is in Toronto, Ontario - we're open to candidates across Canada since a lot of travel is required!
- Travel to various shipping points to meet with growers, packers, processors, & logistics providers to inspect produce quality & food safety.
- Work with growers, packers, processors, & logistics providers to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Handle product inspections at shipping point prior to product shipping.
- Assist & coordinate shelf life, packing & processing tests as needed by the Procurement team.
- Update & maintain quality specifications for all fresh produce items across HelloFresh companies.
- Support the Produce Procurement team in developing & maintaining receiving & inspection procedures/SOPs at Distribution Centers.
- Visit our Distribution Centers & work with Quality Managers & Receivers to support & expand their produce knowledge & ensure procedural compliance.
- Work with Quality Managers to properly use CFIA & HelloFresh produce inspection techniques.
- Identify gaps in our procurement process, & identify new product opportunities for the Produce Procurement team.
- Support any other produce-related projects as required by Procurement.
At a minimum, you have:
- 3-5 years professional experience in fresh produce related field, including produce quality/inspection, field/growing management, or field inspection
- BA/BS required; produce/agriculture/horticulture as field of study is highly preferred
- Highly advanced technical knowledge of produce
- An adventurous spirit: willingness to travel & spend significant time on-site at HelloFresh Distribution Centers, growers, processors, & logistics hubs
- Elite communication skills: ability to clearly & persuasively communicate with a large variety of stakeholders, from farmers/growers to management team members at HelloFresh
- An analytical, problem-solving mindset: you are proactive, root-cause focused, & are able to develop creative solutions to complex challenges across the business
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change & limited direction
- A passion for food & technology!
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.