Who are We?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
Intersection is revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces to ease & enrich peoples journeys through their cities & connect them to their communities. We connect brands with people where they are via relevant & impactful experiences, & we earn the trust of our partners through our shared mission, working together to build the foundation for a connected future.
As a Financial Analyst at Intersection, you will be a key member of our finance team & will be tasked with leading financial modeling efforts across the Companys various business lines & providing analytical support for sales, operations, & new deal forecasting. In addition, you will support our work as a managing member of CityBridge, a consortium of leading companies in their fields bringing the worlds fastest public Wi-Fi & cutting-edge media to New York City via LinkNYC You will report directly to the Vice President of Place Exchange but will be intricately involved across a number of finance functions & business lines to support initiatives driven by Intersections Chief Financial Officer. There is a significant amount of senior leadership interaction expected.
In the first month, you will:
- Become acquainted with the team & broader organization
- Begin your orientation to the company financials, key models & systems
- Contribute to weekly/monthly reporting of KPIs & ad hoc analyses
- Establish a cadence of meetings with your manager & identify a preliminary set of goals
In the first two months, you will:
- Continue your orientation to the company, its people & processes (e.g., town halls, lunch & learns, one-on-ones)
- Expand your contributions to the team & begin to take ownership of projects/processes
- Conduct competitor analysis & market research in relevant technology & advertising verticals
In the first three months, you will:
- Be expected to manage financial models, projects & processes independently
- Interface with business unit leads on model assumptions, mechanics, presentations & communicating key metrics to Senior Executives
- Support Senior Executives w/ various financial & business analyses
- Communicate insights to the broader team & senior leadership
- Take initiative on various opportunities across the team & organization
In the first year, you will:
- Be a fully integrated, highly functional member of the Finance team
- Be relied upon by the team for delivering key deliverables & input
- Be able to independently present to CFO & other Senior Executives on analyses & results
You are awesome for this role, because:
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university & investment banking, consulting or other financial modeling work experience required
- You have 2-3 years experience required at a top-tier accounting firm or other relevant financial modeling work experience
- Proven knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Demonstrated ability to construct strong, detailed financial models
- You have outstanding verbal & written presentation skills & experience presenting analyses to senior team members
- You have a strong knowledge & interest in the technology and/or media sector
- You are a self-motivated individual with strong relationship building skills
- You have strong organizational skills & effective time management with excellent follow-through on commitment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer