Convene Engineering is building a technology platform to help humanize the built world, & we need an outstanding Full-Stack Software Engineer working with NodeJS/Express & microservice architectures to join our engineering team. We are creating some of the most beautiful real-world meetings & flexible workplaces to inspire & foster collaboration & engagement. Our engineering projects connect Convene customers with Convene's physical world.
Convenes engineering team strives to deliver solutions that match the high standard of our physical spaces. This role focuses on the full stack development of Convene products.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, The Lead Software Engineer works closely with the members of the Convene Product & Engineering team. A successful candidate possesses strong problem-solving & analytical skills, is comfortable recommending solutions & technological improvements, is genuine, works with the highest of integrity, & relentlessly pursues success.
- Lead the technical creation & evolution of the Convene's impactful customer-facing products.
- Ensure that the overall application & platform architectures are robust & easy to maintain.
- Collaborate with the companies technology leadership on technology roadmap & overall architecture.
- Be a hands-on leader who manages, mentors, & coaches your technical team members to success.
- Demonstrated success on an engineering team in a high-growth, highly volatile PE or VC-backed company delivering to large, sophisticated enterprise customers.
- Seven plus years of full-stack development using popular languages & frameworks such as NodeJS, Java, Ruby, & React.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional engineering teams, including mobile & front-end.
- Minimum of two years of direct NodeJS development, methodologies, & configuration.
- Daily responsibility with building out a microservice architecture using NodeJS & cloud services like AWS, Azure
- Experience conducting code reviews & mentoring team members in an Agile process.
- You are engineering obsessed & devoted to getting it right & getting it done.
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to a solution, using your skill & intuition to make quick & confident decisions in this high-growth context.
- You are a person who always finds ways to help others on the team to learn, develop, & continually improve.
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work.
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine.
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth.
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave.
- 401k match.
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families.
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies.
- Healthy snacks.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives