THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for a FP&A Manager to join the Finance team, focusing on our strategic marketing & revenue initiatives. As a manager, you will partner closely with department heads across Acquisition Marketing, Business Insights, Analytics, New Product Development, & more, to drive the development of the companys growth, financial stability, forecasting & other budgeting & FP&A processes. The ideal candidate will be a persistent self-starter who is excited to guide a cross-functional team through complex analyses while also maintaining the ability to think broadly & strategically, & who is comfortable interfacing & presenting to individuals at all levels of the organization. You will consummate communication & will provide insights that will enable senior management to make decisions on the direction of the company.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Work closely with Acquisition Marketing & Demand Forecasting to create consistent updates to the company's financial outlook
- Perform weekly & monthly variance analysis of budgeted/forecasted against actual financial performance, clearly interpreting & documenting variances & making suggestions to inform leadership decision making
- Understand marketing key performance indicators & hold the team accountable to providing the best outlook possible
- Support department heads with monthly financial & operational performance reviews, articulating the story implied by the analytical findings
- Consistently spearhead ad hoc analyses around marketing & revenue scenarios, understanding marketing efficiency metrics as well as cost implications
- Foster entrepreneurial spirt across the company & lead cultural awareness towards developing FP&A to be the heartbeat of the organization
- Work alongside our Head of FP&A in developing materials for our Board of Directors meetings.
- 5+ years experience. Having completed 2-5 years in a FP&A position in retail, wholesale or e-commerce. Have 1-3 years of work experience in analytical roles, such as corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or management consulting.
- Strong presentation skills & ability to interact with Senior Executives
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting & accounting
- Have successfully led & managed a team, including developing junior members
- Can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization
- Ability to form & develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles & organizational levels
- Flexibility; someone who is adaptive to frequent changes in priorities, organization & strategy, flexible to deadlines with short lead times
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities & produce deliverables of high quality
- Are comfortable communicating to senior management, board members, investors & lenders in a clear & effective manner
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.