Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Were all about building awesome software, & we create an engineering experience to match. As a Mid - Senior Level Software Engineer on our Tools & Infrastructure Team, you will help drive the vision & execution for the fully automated build/test/deploy system that Appian uses to manage its software development. You will enable the next wave of our world-class infrastructure, ensuring that it is always available, responsive, & capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic & high-powered development team. You will work directly with the development team to assess & prioritize the current & upcoming needs of the organization, design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our development lifecycle, & maintain, troubleshoot & fix issues that impede our teams progress.
- Creating, configuring, & enhancing the tools we use to get things done (GitLab, Terraform, JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub) & our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Innovating, researching, & evaluating new technologies & tools
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across Engineering & other departments
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, & Terraform, & designing & building new features to increase product quality, decrease cycle time, & improve developer efficiency
- Becoming a master of our current product infrastructure
- Keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve & scale (JEE application servers, JDK, RDBMS)
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle & help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Creating new tools to increase departmental visibility into product quality, performance & releasability
- Being the advocate of the adoption of DevSecOps culture & mindset
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering, & trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS & Windows, Mac, & Linux environments
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Strong working knowledge of prevalent build & automation languages (Gradle, Maven, Ant, Python, Groovy)
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, & presentation skills
- Fluency in at least one programming language, preferably Python & Java
- MS in Computer Science or related field/degree & 1+ years of relevant experience, or a BS & 3+ years of relevant experience
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.