We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist II to help test & validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist II in IVD team you will work within the team as well as collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, quality control, regulatory affairs & clinical affairs. You will rise to the challenge of designing, supporting & documenting V&V studies for our genotyping assay, providing technical reports to support FDA submissions. You are expected to divide your time between working in the lab & at the desk & guiding junior team members in their execution of NGS experiments to support IVD development. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking & most importantly, has an interest in our company & our products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment & independently develop, test & validate technologies for early cancer detection studies with next-generation sequencing under design control
- Think creatively & apply knowledge to design validation experiments & analyze data for NGS applications in oncology diagnostics
- Apply previous experience to author study protocols & write technical reports to support FDA submissions
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Guide junior team members in their experimental execution & technical documentation.
- Experience with development under an FDA regulated environment for IVD product under design control
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a preference for sequencing-based genomic assays.
- Extensive experience in assay set up, reagent development & experimental design.
- Experience with data analysis, preferably NGS data
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills
- Good organization skills, detailed orientated mindset
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous inputs are required to accomplish complex goals
- Curiosity & drive
- BA/BS with 10+ years of industry experience; MA/MS with 8+ years of industry experience, PhD with 4-7 years of post PhD experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.