Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send & receive money easily. Most of our customers are hard-working migrants, sending money home to their families & friends in Africa, Asia & Latin America.
By reducing costs & freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides & help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first- or second-generation migrants. They may be living & working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire-transfer companies & banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees & unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
How are we doing so far?
- A family of 750 employees across offices in London, Denver, Krakow, Sydney & more
- A fintech Top 20 company
- 4 million customers globally
- Raised $200 million in funding
- Funded by the VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix & Facebook.
- Covering 150 countries
What will you be working on?
You will lead the way in cultivating a sophisticated, data-driven culture at WorldRemit. Youll help shape the vision for how we use, share & gather data, while also helping sharpen insights & business decisions through the intelligent application of data.
- Lead our data strategy. Youll craft a strategy for the future & develop a roadmap that will deliver incremental wins on the way.
- Maintain & grow our data product portfolio. Youll be responsible for our existing data support infrastructure, youll help mature & maintain these areas for optimal business value.
- Lead the way to a richer data infrastructure. Youll be passionate about data & the value it brings. Youll be an advocate for new ways of doing things & champion experiments with non-traditional data points (e.g. behavioural data).
- Act as an ambassador for the products internally & externally, & as the first point of contact with the rest of the business for the data products
- Collaborate & prioritise. Youll work with key stakeholders to translate business requirements into user stories for the development team to implement, youll rigorously prioritise the work to make sure were focusing on the most impactful areas.
- Liaise & support. Youll work with individuals across our Product & Engineering teams, advising on best practices & pushing us to take a data-first approach to our decisions.
- Passionately automate. As someone who understands the power of data, youll seek opportunities across the company to strip back human-heavy processes & automate workflows to deliver consistent results with utmost efficiency.
- Support Agile best practices amongst the team
What are we looking for?
- A data nerd with solid product management skills. You know data & how it should be used, youre familiar with techniques & approaches to data, but you can ground your ambitions in solid product strategies.
- A natural leader with a proven track record of building amazing products, preferably data-oriented projects & products from the data-warehousing & analytics domain
- Someone who is not afraid to dive in youll know the data inside out & how it all connects. For this, familiarity with SQL queries & Tableau reports will help. Python is a bonus. Experience working hands on with an agile development team.
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, & prioritising a backlog using a workflow management tool (Jira, TFS, etc)
- An ability to quickly understand unfamiliar technical concepts or architecture
- Delivering great product isnt easy - a good, low-ego attitude will help, as well as an articulate voice to explain challenges & outline options.
- A collaborator youll be working very closely with your Engineering lead & a team of developers, Youll also need the ability to work with - & deliver for - stakeholders across the organisation & who might be geographically dispersed.
- A highly analytical approach; you know which metrics to focus on & can reach conclusions from analysing quantitative & qualitative data.
- Experience of Data Governance would be advantageous.