IEX is looking for our next System Reliability Engineer you may also know this role as Dev Ops, Web Ops, Systems Ops, & so on. The right person for the job will be an insatiably curious tinkerer with technical chops, who has done this type of role before. Bonus points if you take an interest in the stock market, though finance experience is not a must - only a willingness to learn all about the inner workings of the market is required.
In this role, youll be constantly optimizing & automating our processes & systems, in an effort to improve reliability, scalability, & maintainability. Plus, youll take on real-time responsibilities, such as monitoring, incident management, & recovery.
Coding & scripting is part of our daily life (we like python, bash, rust, awk, ansible & Go). Youll be exposed to how the technology interacts with the business side, & will gain a deep understanding of application logic & business data work-flows which is essential during the recovery process when an incident occurs. Experience with any layer in our stack (Linux, Java, C++) is highly beneficial particularly around the areas of performance & capacity. Experience in an agile environment is a plus, & a willingness to tackle the challenge of innovating within a regulated environment is key.
- Collaborative, team player
- Deadline driven
- Solid verbal & written communication skills
- Strong belief in IEX's mission
- Sense of humor, a plus!
What you'll do:
- Participate in the engineering process as we design, build, & manage the resiliency of our systems.
- Work on customer facing infrastructure provisioning & troubleshooting (e.g., cross-connects).
- Responsible for the reliability, maintainability, & performance of the production trading platform from the network to the bare metal servers on up.
- Build tools to monitor & automate processes around the core trading network & server infrastructure.
- Core contributor to our change management & blameless post mortem processes.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack hardware, software, applications, & network.
- Capacity planning & performance engineering related projects.
- Guide other business functions (e.g., development, market operations, business development, subscribers, etc.) on reliability techniques, application, & system functionality.
- Educate & mentor team/company on operational best practices.
- Automation experience with Ansible & Go
- Hands-on experience with Linux, python or bash, git
- Multicast operation & pitfalls
- Host side networking
- General familiarity with Data Center workflows & working with DC personnel to implement changes
- Hardware familiarity
- Networking expertise at Layers 2 & 3
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace & culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws & protects workers' rights but is vital to IEXs overall mission & values.