Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier, & are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Senior Manager of Advocacy & Community is directly responsible for building the team & programs that scale word of mouth & 1:1 growth. Initially, this will include growing our existing referral program, leveraging Community to build an ambassador program that identifies key partners & advocates who are eager to share the value of fresh, healthy food for dogs, & leaning into & scaling strategic partnerships through our affiliate program. A successful Advocacy & Community Manager will think holistically as they design innovative & effective strategies, & manage the roadmaps & cross functional teams needed to bring these ideas to life. They will generate a clear pathway for any person to become an evangelist & advocate for The Farmers Dog & build connection & passion within our incredible customer community.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Meaningfully scale The Farmers Dogs referral program to a 1+ k-factor
- Build a robust experimentation framework that drives improvements to referral adoption & virality
- Create the framework for a strong Community & Advocacy program at The Farmers Dog, including product enhancements & related customer communications
- Develop a strategy & go-to-market plan for an ambassador program that empowers any dog person to be an advocate for The Farmers Dog
- Identify & onboard high-fidelity partners to participate in advocacy & ambassador programs
- Build & execute the roadmap for a high revenue generating gifting program
- Leverage & scale strategic partnerships through our affiliate & influencer marketing programs
- Develop & support an incredible team consisting of Community & Growth Marketing professionals
- Effectively communicate the community & advocacy roadmap, prioritization decisions, & key quantitative & qualitative insights to the larger TFD team, while incorporating key stakeholders early.
- Establish & optimize team structure, processes, & tools to enable innovation, quality, velocity, & continuous improvement.
We're Excited About You Because
- You demonstrate a history of driving growth through best-in-class, innovative 1:1 or word of mouth strategies
- You have proven ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive & fast-paced environment
- You build successful referral programs from the ground up
- You collaborate closely with Brand, Community, & Engagement teams
- You have 5+ years professional experience in partnerships, growth & community roles
- You led & designed strategies for ambassador programs
- You lead with First Principles & think critically
- Youre energetic, positive & action-oriented with a passion for making an impact
- You have managed a high functioning team with multiple direct reports
- You listen to customers & are passionate about building community between customers & advocates alike
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup