Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a member of the Agent Growth Team, you would own two key areas: credit risk strategy for Compass Concierge - Compass top Agent Growth program & strategic finance projects across several Agent Growth programs.
The primary focus of the role will be Compass Concierge, a program that fronts the costs of home renovations for home sellers to prepare the property for sale. You will also play a critical role in other Compass Agent Growth Programs like Bridge Loan Services, Home Services, & other programs that are still in incubation. This will involve owning the financial models of each of these programs, driving insightful reporting & analysis to maximize their success, & partnering closely with our internal & external finance partners.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead credit risk analysis for Compass Concierge & partner cross-functionally to deliver related product & process improvements
- Collaborate with Corp Dev, CX, Data Science, & external partners on strategic projects & new Agent Growth initiatives
- Evaluate & model potential growth opportunities based on historical data, local market dynamics, expected financial impact, & strategic value
- Develop & present material that communicates financial & strategic implications of program changes or new initiatives to various stakeholders, including members of the Compass C-Suite
- Build & manage key reporting & analytics around key financial metrics, including building of dashboards & analysis of key drivers
What We're Looking For:
- B.A. or B.S., M.B.A. or other advanced degree a plus
- 2-4 years of experience with at least 1 year of experience in unsecured consumer loans or credit line analytics; Experience at start-ups a plus
- Experience with large data sets & ability to extract business insights from quantitative & qualitative analysis; Experience with SQL, Looker, Python, or R a plus
- Strong ability to build flexible & reliable financial models from scratch, & to learn mechanics of existing Excel models
- Working knowledge of Corporate Finance & Accounting concepts
- Polished visual, written, & oral presentation skills
- Ability to own strategic, operational, & detail-oriented functional responsibilities
- Ability & appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter attitude, tenacious & creative problem-solving, ability to exercise judgment & solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills & glass-half-full mentality
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.