Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead our Asset, Brand & Styling teams, who design products that allow our users to manage their digital assets, build & maintain their brand & seamlessly integrate style editing throughout their website-building experience. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution & creativity. You will partner deeply with Product & Engineering to set the strategy & outcomes that empower your teams to solve customer & business problems.
This role reports to the Sr Director of Product Design, Presence. NY based preferred.
- Inspire & challenge a team of designers to push the impact & quality of their work
- Grow & scale the Asset, Brand & Styling Design Team by partnering with Recruiting throughout the hiring process
- Support the designers on your team by setting clear goals, managing workloads, & ensuring their overall happiness
- Work with designers & teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes & practices are employed & evolved as necessary
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with product management, engineering & research
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research & pushing to leverage potential opportunities
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Follow both large & small projects through, beyond delivery
- Keep your finger on the pulse of industry trends in order to help drive our brand & product forward
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience
- 3+ years of management experience leading seasoned designers
- Well versed in, & opinionated about visual & user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste & aesthetic sensibility
- Love of iterative development
- A solid understanding of how web & mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal & external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your past management experience in guiding your teams through work, as well as your contributions to solving specific product problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.