Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
At Codecademy, data is at the center of everything we do. We are looking for a Product Analyst to join our cross-functional product development teams. You will work closely with the squads to understand the health of our product KPIs, map qualitative customer research with quantitative analysis, & investigate the impact of product features & strategic initiatives. All with the goal of ensuring the product squads have actionable insights to better serve our learners. This is a great opportunity to build a diverse set of skills ranging from product strategy, product development, quantitative research, & cross-functional collaboration.
If you are interested in building a business that impacts tens of millions of people & helps them live better lives, join us!
WHAT YOULL DO
- Evaluate data to proactively identify opportunities that improve the customer experience & business outcomes
- Synthesize quantitative & qualitative data to provide actionable insights on user behaviors, trends, & market dynamics
- Forecast the expected customer benefits from product investments & return on investment
- Collaborate with product squads to define success metrics for investments
- Conduct & present deep dive analyses of key business areas to provide recommendations across teams
- Partner with product teams on product launch strategies during each stage of the process, from ideation through analysis
- Partner with product teams to develop dashboards to monitor product performance
- Collaborate with data science & data engineering to ensure data quality & integrity
WHAT YOULL NEED
- Reputation as a customer-obsessed data & analytics expert
- A Founder mentality - relentless, resourceful, proactive, & results-oriented
- Minimum of 3 years in an analytical role for a digital product
- An understanding of experimentation methodologies (e.g., A/B testing, cohort analysis)
- Strong problem solving skills to determine how best to employ multiple data sets & analytical methods to answer product development questions
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating the results of an analysis to a variety of audiences
- Deep technical expertise in SQL & business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Expertise in agile development software methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities & tight timelines
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Proficiency with pipelines (e.g., Airflow), databases (e.g., Redshift), Python, R, or other relevant languages
- Experience working in Edtech or equivalent industries
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.