About the Role:
The Sr. DevOps Application Engineer role at HYPR offers a unique opportunity to express Development-Operations practice across a diverse set of commercial Software Products. At HYPR, a Sr. DevOps Application Engineer will have the rare chance to develop the robust integrations & capabilities required by a world-class DevOps infrastructure system. This position offers the successful candidate with an opportunity to write code all day, & whose purpose is to deliver capabilities that have direct & measurable improvement on the process that builds HYPR Software Product in a diverse set of Development spheres. As such, only a driven & dynamic individual can be successful.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Should be willing & able to learn independently both the business requirements & environment in which development will take place.
- Should be able to independently design & develop complex software.
- Responsible for timely delivery as agreed within the project without compromising on product quality.
- Takes ownership of code quality. Actively & effectively reviews source code, takes defect prevention steps in software developed.
- Interacts well with peers & communicates in a clear & concise manner both verbally & written on his/her work.
- Adopt agile development methodologies
- Should be able to think creatively, & work autonomously providing full & thorough documentation around updated code & activities.
- Must be able to ensure appropriate & relevant communication with stakeholders
- Significant experience in determining systematic weaknesses within Corporate Infrastructure, developing & implementing infrastructure solutions for same
- Experience working within a small nimble enterprise environment, developing, documenting & deploying Infrastructure-as-Code
- Strong Experience working with 3rd-party products RESTful APIs for the purpose of automating Administration Tasks of those products
- Strong knowledge of Python, Perl, Ansible, PowerShell, Bash
- Administration Knowledge of Jenkins, Artifactory, GitLab, SonarQube, Jira
- Familiarity with Development Tools Maven, Gradle, cMake, XCode, Android Development Studio, IntelliJ, VisualStudio
- Knowledge of Software Distribution Platforms - Apple Store, Play Store, HockeyApp, AppCenter, BinTray, SalesForce
- Strong Knowledge of Maven, Gradle, CMake, & FastLane
- Knowledge of Software Product Quality Standards - Code Quality, Dependency Scanning, QA LifeCycle
- Strong architect experience with automation of VSphere, AWS, & Azure platforms
- Experience developing APIs
- System Administrator experience in Windows Server, RHEL/CentOS.
- General knowledge of application design principles, practices design patterns, DevOps & software life cycles.
- Experience in source code version with GitLab, or GitHub
- Experience in building, testing, & deploying automation for DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, GitLab/CI, Artifactory, SonarQube, & Jira.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills & excellent troubleshooting & analytical skills.
- Experience with AWS/Azure IaaS automation (tools, scripting, templates, etc)
- Development Experience in Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Recent Experience developing for Packer, Consul, Vagrant
- Bachelor's degree & 8 years demonstrated work experience or an equivalent combination of related training & experience
- 4 years Development Experience
- 4 years with DevOps Responsibilities
- 5 years of increasing responsibility in information technology service support and/or Development
- 2+ years of experience within a Commercial Software Products
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing high-severity application or process from outages to a successful resolution
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Continuing education credits in AWS, Azure, Ansible, Python, & other relevant technology
What HYPR Offers:
- All frontend & backend engineers are Senior, youre joining a team of All Stars who consistently deliver the highest quality code & products in tight timelines
- An organisation with a great work life balance. Many of our employees have families & responsibilities outside of the office that they are able to easily meet.
- Extreme product focus, at HYPR youll never be spinning your wheels on tasks that do not matter. Everything we develop is cutting edge & important.
- High levels of ownership. We understand that we are able to do our best work when we can bring insights together.
- An emphasis on collaboration & access to giants in the industry. We achieve our best because we employ the best.
- Our engineers use the latest frameworks & language iterations. Our marketing, sales, ops & more utilize the best & latest tools for innovation & scale.
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available & more
- Generous equipment budget & customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
Work authorization:US Citizen or H1B
Full Time Opportunity:Yes
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.