Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimps Quality Assurance team works closely with cross-functional disciplines to help make sure were delivering useful, working tools with every release. Our analysts test new features & updates to Mailchimps products with an eye toward user experience, reliability, & real-world use cases. Were looking for someone with a passion for growing people to join the team as a QA Manager.
This role will foster technical & professional development of a team of QA Analysts while advocating for testing practices throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, skilled manager, highly diplomatic, process-oriented, & always on the lookout for new approaches to both testing & leadership. This role has a significant impact on the health of the Mailchimp product as well as the success of testing within the company.
What youll do:
- Manage direct reports, helping them juggle multiple projects & manage their time on short- & long-term projects.
- Support direct reports long-term career development, helping them build their skills in software testing.
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcome & success is celebrated.
- Advocate for QAs early involvement in development projects & help make early involvement successful.
- Work to refine & evangelize Mailchimps QA practices & processes.
- Organize team communications & projects.
- Help to drive the interviewing & hiring of a diverse QA team.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have several years of experience with full time testing and/or testing adjacent responsibilities.
- You have prior people management experience.
- You can cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion & equity.
- You recognize the value of transparent, honest communication & the necessity of sharing information.
- Youre patient, resilient, & willing to take on work even when its challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- Youre willing to consider things from other perspectives & consider the impact on others.
- You have experience working within an Agile-based environment.
- You have a proven track record of effective performance management & coaching of individual contributors.
- You are a skilled written & verbal communicator, with both technical & non-technical audiences, upward & broadly across teams.
- You can balance app stability with the need to release features quickly.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.