Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Are you passionate about partnering with others & building a business? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new opportunities? Were looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Business Development team!
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing & growing revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative & data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business; currently employing referral relationships, affiliates, newsletters, content marketing, & more integrated digital solutions for our partners. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us & our partners. In the first-ever role of its kind, the Senior Manager, Business Development will report into the Director of Business & Corporate Development.
- Strategically prospect for new partnerships or grow existing opportunities
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, & Engineering to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented
- Engage with potential partners via phone & email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Assemble clear & concise presentations for internal & external stakeholders
- Establish, track, & report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelors degree & 3+ years of business development, consulting, or account management experience; financial services experience a plus
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in & achieve business results
- Advanced analytical & problem solving skills; ability to understand complex business & product strategies
- A deep aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, & exceptional attention to detail
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines & collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)