At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Head of Corporate Marketing will be responsible for leading all corporate marketing initiatives, programs & projects for one of the worlds largest & fastest-growing global cloud networks. You will apply your deep experience, knowledge, & understanding of the Internet ecosystem & technical audiences to enable the entire Cloudflare organization to effectively communicate Cloudflares role in helping build a better Internet. This role will be responsible for overseeing Cloudflares overall brand strategy, strategic events, creative/design strategy, & other corporate marketing activities & programs. As a senior strategic marketing leader, youll hire & develop a growing & talented team, while also partnering closely with other leaders & stakeholders across Cloudflare to help create rich content, campaigns, events, & experiences that effectively communicate the value of Cloudflare to all audiences. This role is a highly visible leadership role within the Cloudflare organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
- Lead the brand strategy, advertising, creative, events, & other corporate marketing activities & teams
- Guide the strategy & lead the execution of all major large-scale corporate marketing-led initiatives, projects, & programs
- Oversee efforts to develop & evangelize a scalable framework that helps the organization effectively & consistently articulate the core positioning of the Cloudflare brand to a large & fast-growing global customer base & other key constituency groups
- Develop framework, hierarchy & branding strategies for existing & new products & offerings
- Help drive significant increases in overall global awareness of the Cloudflare brand among target audiences through brand building activities, events, campaigns, & other corporate programs & activities
- Grow a team that is focused on the customer experience strategy & execution of large-scale corporate events & programs
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to help produce content that effectively communicates & elevates the Cloudflares brand in a consistent & accessible way.
- Excellent collaboration skills & organizational savvy, excelling at both high-level thinking & execution as well as influence & inspire others to achieve a common goal.
- Allocate resources & budget to efficiently maximize business outcomes
Examples of skills knowledge & experience
- 12+ years of experience leading corporate marketing at a fast-growing, high profile organization(s)
- 6+ years experience managing a high-performing team across multiple functions & disciplines
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem & technical audiences (experience in cybersecurity or Internet-related SaaS business is highly preferred)
- Deep expertise in brand strategy, management, positioning, & messaging
- Experience in developing, executing, & measuring the impact of multi-channel brand advertising campaigns
- Proven ability to design & execute large-scale corporate marketing initiatives, including corporate events
- Ability to effectively influence both internal & external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Exceptional writing & verbal communication skills
- Experience with creative & brand agencies, budgets, & negotiating contracts
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, or related field (MBA highly preferred)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.