Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send & receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families & friends in Africa, Asia & Latin America.
By reducing costs & freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides & help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living & working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies & banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees & unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries - transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology & growing its a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer & more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
- A family of 750 employees across offices in London, Denver, Krakow, Sydney & more
- A fintech Top 20 company
- 4 million customers globally
- Raised $200 million in funding
- Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix & Facebook.
- Covering 150 countries
What will you be working on?
Youll be working on one of our biggest business goals: Improving the customer experience from signup to transferring money (activation). We want to make it as intuitive as possible for our customers to create their money transfer. Being a truly global organisation sending money to over 150 countries there will be nuances that well need to improve, so its easy for new as well as existing customers to send money.
- Own the user experience for customers creating their first money transfer
- Identify improvements & optimisations in the transfer funnel
- Conduct user research, customer interviews & perform optimisation (A/B) testing
- Define the roadmap for improving the customer journey, prioritising for maximum benefit to our customers & business
- Manage both the strategy & the detail, from big new product initiatives, to detailed understanding of customer behaviour
- Use your technical understanding of mobile & web flows & how they apply to WorldRemit's strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our users & their interactions with WorldRemit by analysing the huge amounts of data we have available & undertaking user research, as well as drawing on the expertise of our Customer Service & Operations teams
- Be the product owner for the Activation team, prioritising the backlog, & writing user stories, requirements & acceptance criteria
- Help facilitate & manage agile ceremonies as the product owner, leading refinement meetings
What are we looking for?
- A natural leader with a proven track-record of building amazing products, preferably products that require customers to create an order
- A commercial mind-set with a good understanding of how to achieve remittance customer needs & business needs
- Product management experience working hands on with an agile development team of developers & designers
- Evidence of taking a product or features from discovery to live
- Extensive experience in improving the digital acquisition journey for the customer, end to end
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, & prioritising a backlog
- Sound understanding of web & mobile technologies to spot opportunities & avoid pitfalls
- Experience of user research from guerrilla testing to customer interviews
- Analytical mind set with great understanding of A/B testing & correctly interpreting statistical significance
- A great eye for detail no room for error when peoples money is at stake!