Consumer Support Internship, Consumer Apps
New York City, New York
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK, & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
We're seeking an independent, efficient, & hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. A successful team member is an avid user of our apps, an excellent written communicator, & a natural problem solver. As a part of the Consumer Support team, you will be on the frontline of both internal & external support, providing white-glove service to our worldwide community of over 55 million users, merchants, & Superusers, as well as our internal engineering teams. This is a paid, 40 hr/wk, 4-month internship [expected to begin in June 2022 & end in October 2022] located at our headquarters in the Flatiron District in NYC. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after the 4 month period, former interns from our Consumer Support team have gone on to obtain entry-level positions here at Foursquare & other dynamic tech companies. This is a great way to get your foot in the door & into the tech scene!
- Respond to support requests
- Escalate potential product issues
- Assist with new business on-boarding
- Curate & vet popular venues in our database to help ensure users have access to highly-personalized recommendations
- Monitor & respond to support requests via Social Media channels (FB, Twitter)
- Monitor & respond to requests from SuperUsers, Consumers & Business owners
- Beta version QA testing on all of our consumer apps
- Review our Consumer apps for user-generated content to remove offensive & inappropriate material
- Strong work ethic & acute attention to detail
- Efficient & effective online research skills
- Familiarity with Google Maps & Street View
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, & report bugs
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user
- Experience with OS X, Excel, Google Apps,
- Bonus: Prior experience with Jira or Asana, Databricks, Sprout Social, SQL, in Customer Service or Hospitality
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come to be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.