BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our team at BuzzFeed. This is a newly created position that will be tasked with creating a formal research practice within our technology organization. Youll be responsible for determining the right research approach given the goals, creating research plans, moderating & analyzing studies, & partnering with Product Designers, Product Managers, & Product Analysts to inform strategic direction for our teams.
At BuzzFeed, we have an established Market Research team youll get the opportunity to partner with, & we have a talented team of Product Analysts who do quantitative analytics which will complement qualitative efforts. We also have a large, engaged audience that are eager & ready to share their perspectives.As a UX Researcher, youll be a part of the Product Design team at BuzzFeed, which is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery & A/B experiment definition, design & analysis. You can read more about our recruiting practices on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
- Effectively manage stakeholders & partners inside & outside of Tech to prioritize the most impactful research projects
- Partnering with Product Designers, Product Managers, & Product Analysts to conceptualize, run, & analyze research studies; & to define what qualitative & quantitative data will be important at the onset of projects
- Establishing evaluative & generative UX research practices to inform & support creation & iteration of all of our digital products across internal tools, websites, & apps
- Enabling Product Managers & Product Designers to learn & apply research skills
- Supporting operational research tasks like sourcing participants & scheduling research sessions
- Establishing a repository of research findings & insights & evangelize research across the organization
- Identifying & advocating for external vendor support, contractors, or additional hires when & if needed
- You have end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- You have experience building flexible & scrappy research projects, & are able to strategically scope projects according to potential impact
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills, & are able to communicate complex information clearly across varying levels of the organization
- You have experience delivering actionable insights & analyses that impact product strategies & roadmaps
- You have successfully brought cross functional partners into the research process
- You have examples of past work experience & deliverables that demonstrate impact, include examples of generative & evaluative research, & ability to manage large research projects from start to finish
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.