Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
As the Senior Manager, Talent Management you will be responsible for building out the talent management capability & providing direction to HR Business Partners & business line employees (e.g., Performance Mgmt, L&D, Analytics, Engagement Surveys, DEI, Talent Programs, Organization Design). In addition to operating as the Talent Specialist, you will be expected to ideate & craft innovative talent programs to build & grow TFD talent, grooming them to become outstanding team leaders to functional experts within their craft. If you are a strong collaborator who is curious & eager to learn about the business & combine that with your HR experience, research, & academics to build appropriate solutions this is the opportunity for you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Evolve the existing performance management process appropriately for TFD & collaborate with key partners to design a fluid cycle, especially with the Total Rewards Manager.
- Identify L&D needs across the organization & strategize the approach by thinking through the philosophy & partnering with aligned vendors as necessary.
- Work with the Humans team to determine talent program needs & prioritize them while being resilient & adaptable to switch gears as needed.
- Plan DEI initiatives to help drive business innovation & share perspectives while creating an optimal environment for all TFD employees.
- Design, build, & execute on various TFD surveys by identifying business needs & using the data points to put them into action.
- Constantly think through the employee journey & analyze data to discover insights to help TFD make informed & intelligent decisions.
- Provide organization design guidance for HR Business Partners & business line leaders to help them evolve their teams as TFD grows exponentially (spans & layers, org shape, process flow, etc.)
- Key responsibilities snap shot: Performance Management (30%), Learning & Development (20%), Talent Programs (special projects, high performers, succession planning) (20%), Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives (10%), Engagement Surveys (10%), People Analytics (5%), Organization Design (5%). Subject to change depending on business needs.
We're Excited About You Because
- 7+ years of experience as a Talent Management Specialist, or People Team Leader in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- 5+ years direct experience as a Talent Management Specialist or HR Business Partner preferred; 2+ years managing direct reports preferred
- Shown success to work cross-functionally, & vertically with Senior Leaders to influence & motivate change, aligning the people strategy with business goals & growth.
- Deep knowledge of HRBP practices including organization design, compensation, performance management, organizational change, executive relationship building, etc.
- Solutions-focused, empathetic, & collaborative approach to implementing & improving people programs & processes to support the business.
- Outstanding in both communication & analytical skills.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug