Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio seeks a Principal Machine Learning Engineer to be a key leader in defining a new product offering at Twilio in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilios data & intelligence strategy, which will empower our customers to create highly personalized communications & experiences for their contacts. Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience & personalization recommendations.
- Personal traits: Curious, humble, team player
- Professionally: Passionate, customer-obsessed, gets things done, highly collaborative, excellent communicator, & very comfortable with rapid change & uncertainty
- You have hands on experience developing, deploying & monitoring a large scale machine learning model in production on a customer-facing product (not internal business intelligence)
- Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or related field
- 10+ years of applied ML experience in statistical & mathematical modeling such as supervised & unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning
- Expert with concepts related to testing, monitoring, retraining model performance
- Has leveraged modern data storage, messaging, & processing tools (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) & demonstrated experience designing & coding in big-data components such as DynamoDB or similar
- You have a deep understanding of frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras, why & how these frameworks do what they do
- Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Big plus: Experience in AWS cloud computing
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact & multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Passion for & demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture & prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the worlds most extensive communication data sets & transform it into cutting-edge AI applications & products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating & brainstorming product ideas with product managers, other data scientists & engineers
- DONT SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying data science & machine learning to real-world problems
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Increasingly, were hearing from our B2C customers that theyre struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors cant replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative & team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement & Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands, & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.