The Cross-Product Success team is developing a holistic strategy aimed at helping customers discover all that Squarespace has to offer. As our platform grows, this team will guide users towards new & relevant products, provide feedback & guidance to help them expand their online presence & grow their businesses, while ensuring frictionless access & navigation throughout the entire ecosystem.
- Drive product led growth - This is an opportunity to lead efforts that will benefit the customer (via ease of use & discovery), & by doing so impact key business metrics such as ARPU expansion.
- Team building - Were shifting from a temporary project team to a newly formed permanent team, so youll co-create ways of working from discovery through delivery.
- Impact & ownership - The product areas you lead will impact millions of enterprising dreamers on the platform. You will have the opportunity to work across two engineering teams, while collaborating with other product teams to help drive customer acquisition & retention.
Cross-Product Success is part of the Interface Platform group, which helps our product engineers deliver beautiful, durable, performant, & accessible experiences to our users. In this role youll help several teams to deliver high quality technology products/services, working in partnership with technical & product leadership.
You will report to the Interface Platform Sr. Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead other engineers & collaborate with stakeholders
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, & take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Interface with your PM & develop & drive the teams quarterly planning with the support of a PM
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor team members & help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Experience with React or similar user interface libraries.
- Strong grasp of engineering practices like automated testing using tools like Cypress, Nightwatch, Jest, and/or the React Testing library & providing code reviews for peers.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, & well tested code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- TypeScript experience or interest
- Managing npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace